There is a chance you’ve looked into human personality at least once in your lifetime. Whether in school or a career-related inquiry, human nature can tell us a lot about ourselves. It also aids employers in narrowing down the search for potential hires. While there are several personality tests available for you to use, many popular ones are the Enneagram. If you have been following along, you would know that the Enneagram is divided into nine categories. So far, we’ve covered categories one, two, three, four, and five. Therefore today, we will give you an overview of the enneagram 6, also known as the loyalist.
To learn more about the enneagram 6 personality, keep reading.
Overview of Enneagram 6
As a loyalist, a type 6 personality is someone responsible, hard-working, and trustworthy. In their most basic sense, the enneagram 6 is someone who:
- Has an inherent fear of losing those who support them in life
- Strongly value trust and loyalty in the relationships they have with others
- They are precise in their actions and very detail-oriented
- Have the ability to be strong communicators
- Enjoy having a small group of friends who they can put their energy towards
- Excel in organizing tasks and working in a team-based environment
- Have the ability to predict potential issues and find solutions
- They Will go out of their way to protect their feelings from being hurt
All in all, enneagram 6 is content with being surrounded by a small group of people who accept them for who they are.
Strengths of the Enneagram Type 6
Like all personality types, the enneagram type 6 has many strengths to excel in their personal and work-life. Here are some of the many strengths this personality type holds:
- The ability to make rational and responsible decisions
- Ensure that they honour commitments they have made to people
- They are protective of the people they are close to
- They are very caring towards other people
- Have the ability to look at situations and problems from different points of view
- They respect other people’s perspectives
- Are logical with their emotions
When type 6 is living a balanced life, they are dependable individuals who get along with others. Additionally, type 6 personalities are also able to live peaceful lives where stress is minimal.
Weaknesses of the Enneagram Type 6
While enneagram 6 has many strengths, they also exhibit many weaknesses. These weaknesses are usually triggered when they are not living true to who they are. Here are some of the flaws you can observe in an enneagram type 6:
- They can become overwhelmed easily by stresses in their personal and work-life
- Difficulty controlling their anxiety
- Experience many insecurities about themselves and their ability to succeed
- Have a fear of missing out on important life events
- The tendency to be pessimistic in their worldly view
- Can experience irrational fears
- The inability to accept constructive feedback
As you can see, while the type 6 personality is very loyal and responsible, they can also become overwhelmed and anxious in their day-to-day life. This can lead them to make unhealthy decisions and lose connections with the people they care most about.
Healthy Enneagram 6 vs. Unhealthy Enneagram 6
Furthermore, the key to having a healthy lifestyle requires balance. However, when an enneagram 6 personality is living an unhealthy lifestyle, they can experience many difficulties. Additionally, they can also leave negative impressions on those they meet and surround themselves with. Let’s take a look at the differences between a healthy type 6 vs. an unhealthy type 6.
Healthy Enneagram 6
- Thoughtful towards other people
- Enjoys collaborating with others
- Hard-working and motivated to succeed
- Maintain a positive and rational attitude
- The ability to regulate stress effectively throughout the day
- Remain patient when interacting with others
- They are unafraid to express their emotions and be independent
Unhealthy Enneagram 6
- Experience paranoia in their work and personal life
- Suspicious of other people
- Prone to experiencing anxiety and stress-related depression
- Blame others for their problems
- They can become very defensive about hiding their insecurities
- They can become hysterical and use unhealthy coping mechanisms
- The tendency to act in a passive-aggressive manner
- Will go out of their way to create a divide in the relationships they have with their friends and family
- Hold the belief that everyone is out to get them
As you can see, the enneagram 6 personality thrives when they are living a healthy lifestyle. However, they can become victims of their own insecurities and fear of not being good enough.
Enneagram 6’s in Relationships
Furthermore, enneagram 6 strives to be caring and romantic when they are in relationships. As they are loyal people, you can expect them to be trustworthy and responsible with their partners. Additionally, they are thoughtful individuals and can be protective of the ones they love.
However, when they live an unhealthy lifestyle, the enneagram 6 personality can experience anxiety and have trouble expressing their emotions correctly. This can lead to arguments that will cause them to feel overwhelmed. Additionally, type 6 can become passive-aggressive towards their partners and have difficulties accepting they may be wrong when issues come up.
Best Careers for Enneagram 6’s
As the enneagram 6 personality is responsible and logical, they would succeed in careers that can be analytical and uphold high moralities. Therefore, if you are an enneagram 6, you should consider the following career paths:
- Police Officer
- Executive Assistant
- Environmental Specialist
Famous Enneagram 6’s
Furthermore, they have been numerous type 6 personalities throughout history who have achieved success and paved the way for generations after them. Take a look at some famous enneagram type 6’s below:
- Sigmund Freud
- Marilyn Monroe
- Robert De Niro
- Jennifer Aniston
- Ellen Degeneres
- Chris Rock
- David Lettermen
- Julia Roberts
- Spike Lee
- Jay Leno
- Robert F. Kennedy
- Elliot Page
- Paul Rudd
- Tom Hanks
- Princess Diana
- Nora Ephron
- Joe Biden
Many of the individuals on this list are in the entertainment industry, while others are politicians and psychologists. However, they also work in their community to help others, which the type 6 personality enjoys most.