Everything about the success of your business starts with your ability to attract and retain a high caliber team. This is the most important skill you can develop, period.
The team builds out the strategy, controls the cash and helps the business win. A strong team builds this stuff out in a strong way, a weak team builds the business to be weak.
Attracting and retaining people that are better than you is the cornerstone of your personal success. To do this, you must:
- Have a strong, clear, compelling purpose as a business
- Have clear core values that attract like-minded people
- Build a reputation for furthering the personal and career goals of your team members
- Be asking around and looking for talented people everywhere you go
- Build your leadership skills. 10’s don’t want to work for 6’s!
“A’s hire A’s, B’s hire C’s”
-Donald Rumsfeld, former two-time U.S. Secretary of Defense