Last week I talked about toxic relationships. How do you move past these horrible experiences that consume most of your mental energy?
It may be that you would rather have the flu than accept this morning’s advice.
The solution is to forgive.
Forgiveness is NOT saying:
- What you did to me didn’t hurt
- I admit that I am in the wrong
- I approve of your actions
Forgiveness IS saying:
- I am closing a door on a painful chapter of my life and it’s now over.
- I am hereby laying down my right to take revenge
You forgive for you, not for the other person. You need to move on. Remember: “Bitterness is drinking poison, hoping the other person will die”