According to a survey done by AOL, we waste 2.09 hours for every 8 hours that we spend at work.
Here are the top 10 time vampires that we succumb to:
- 44.7% Using the internet for personal browsing
- 23.4% Socializing
- 6.8% Conducting personal business
- 3.9% Daydreaming
- 3.1% Running errands
- 2.3% Personal phone calls
- 1.2% Applying for other jobs (!)
- 1.0% Planning personal events
- 1.0% Arriving late/leaving early
Most of us feel that we have much more to do than we can accomplish in a day or a week. So my tip today is to take 10 minutes this morning to plan your 3 top priorities for the day, and your top priority for the week. Driving toward a goal helps to keep you focused.